It’s more of a mini haul really because we haven’t gone overboard this year.. but who doesn’t love to decorate their house or room at any time of year?! So thought I’d share with you the bits and bobs we have got. It’s also my baby cousin Rory’s first Halloween in the UK since he was born in Thailand, so a lot of these bits are more so for him than us ☺️
Going to start with these super cute mini pumpkins. Adorable aren’t they? £1 each from Waitrose and I love that they have white ones too. Perfect if you’re doing a little Halloween display.
Halloween crackers! I absolutely had to get these because I thought they were super cute, especially for my little cousin too. £1 Poundland
Tealight holders – love them, and you can never have too many. £1 each from Poundland
How cool are these ghost shaped crumpets from Asda? Great if you have little ones and want to give them a spooky breakfast! £1 so really cheap.
Spooky giant marshmallows from Aldi, I think these were about 79p so really really cheap, and again brilliant if you’re entertaining or having a party this Halloween. My wife loves marshmallows, me not so much unless they’re in my hot chocolate!
Sweet/Candy bucket. I thought this would be cool to put on the table and fill with crackers etc. Again this was just £1 from Poundland.
Halloween cupcakes! Do I need a reason? £2 from Sainsbury’s, and these are definitely just for Tazmyn and I 😋
Don’t judge me!! But obviously when I saw this novelty pet Halloween dress up cape from Poundland, it had Gracie’s name all over it. She’s going to be our little pumpkin this year. £1 – you all need to get one of these for your little fur babies. As you can see, Gracie is modelling it in the picture for you all too 🤣🤦🏻♀️🎃
Chocolate lollies! 10 of these in a pack for 99p from Aldi. I thought these were great to just put in bowls with other sweets as well.
Like I was going to leave bath and body works out? Don’t be silly. Bath and body works is my absolute favourite candle brand, and it annoys me so much when people say you can’t get hold of them in the UK – babes I’m born and bred from the UK and I’ve been buying them for 10 years. I get all mine from eBay, and I’ve never spent more than around £18-20 per candle, which in my eyes is very much worth it. This one is the updated version of sweater weather’ which is another must have from bath and body works. It smells amaaaaaaazing😍😍
& Finally, our little Halloween display in our bedroom.. the pumpkin fairy lights are about £1 from Poundland, I got them last year so thought I’d put them to use again, going to put some around the downstairs TV as well I think.. I still need to get some bunting and some more sweets, also some larger pumpkins for us to carve!
I hope you’ve enjoyed his haul, what are your Halloween plans? Do you decorate? What about dressing up? That’s not my scene, but I know lots of people dress up and attend parties etc at this time of year. As always, let me know💛
In a world where you can be anything, always choose to be kind. 🙏🏻💓🌿✨
Here are some of my favourite ideas for random acts of kindness, we could all do from time to time, which are small to us, but will mean a lot to another person.
1. Buy coffee for the person behind you in the line
2. Compliment the first 3 people you speak to today.
3. Send a positive text message to 5 different people right now
4. Post an inspirational quote on social media
5. Donate old towels and blankets to an animal shelter
6. Say hi to the person next to you in the elevator
7. Let someone go infront of you who only has a few items
8. Smile at five strangers today
9. Send a gratitude email to a coworker who deserves more recognition.
10. Practice self-kindness and spend 30 minutes doing something you love today.
11. Offer to babysit for free to any parents you know in need of a night out
12. Write a positive comment on your favorite blog, website, or a friend’s social media account.
13. While you’re out, compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
14. Put 50 paper hearts in a box. On each cutout write something that is special about your partner or a friend. Give them the box and tell them to pull out a heart anytime they need a pick-me-up.
15. Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
16. Donate to your local food bank
17. Run an errand for a family member who is busy.
18. Put your phone away while in the company of others.
19. Volunteer at a homeless shelter
20. Hold the door open for someone
21. Give someone a lottery ticket
22. Call your parents to tell them you love them
23. Let your partner watch their favourite show even if you hate it
24. Make someone a playlist
25. Give someone a book you think they’d like
26. Wash someone’s car
27. Give someone a hug
28. Teach someone a recipe
29. Leave a larger tip than normal
30. Send dessert to another table
31. Give up your seat on the bus
32. Leave change in a vending machine
33. Each time you get a new item of clothing, give away something old.
34. Do the dishes even if it’s not your turn
35. Give blood
36. Donate your hair when you get a haircut
Do you have any other suggestions for random acts of kindness? 💛