I have the best wife. One of her many, many talents is her ability to cook, and the fact she really enjoys it too makes it even better! Tonight she made the sticky pork chop recipe from our beloved Tom Kerridge Cookbook! It’s a low calorie meal and there’s not an overwhelming amount of ingredients that are needed which is always a bonus!
Okay so this recipe serves: 2 people
Calories: 420 per serving.
Pork chops/pork steaks (with all fat removed)
Olive oil spray (we actually use fry light!)
For the marinade sauce:
4 tsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp English mustard
1 tsp cayenne pepper
For the slaw
100g red cabbage shredded (we couldn’t find fresh red cabbage anywhere so settled for carrot!)
100g white cabbage shredded
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp Greek yoghurt (0% fat)
1. Heat the oven to 240°C/Gas Mark 9. Line an oven tray with baking parchment.
2. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt & pepper. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Spray both sides of the chops with the oil spray (fry light). When the griddle pan is smoking hot, add the chops and cook for two minutes on each side or until well charred. Set aside on the lined oven tray.
3. For the marinade sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
4. Coat the chops in the sauce, on both sides. Cook on the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the slaw and season with salt & pepper.
6. Remove the chops from the oven, serve with the crunchy slaw.
We actually had homemade potato wedges with ours! Tazmyn is a pro at making chips and wedges, they’re super yummy and slimming world friendly too, if you’re on slimming world that is! (I know a lot of my readers are!) 💗
Dinner was delicious! I’m a lucky girl having a wife who is so good in the kitchen that’s for sure!
What did you have? I can’t believe it’s almost Friday. This week has flown by, probably because of how super busy we’ve been!
Sending love, as always
Sinéad Anna Chalke x
• Follow me on Instagram & Twitter •