Recently I was kindly sent some goodies from Nia, the worldwide known skincare brand, to review on my blog. I’m so excited about this collab and can’t wait to share with you all my thoughts.
NIA – Not Into Ageing.
“A radically different collection of lifestyle infused skincare that counters the situational stressors that steal your natural glow” – Nia
In store at Harvey Nichols or online.
If you’re in the UK – you can purchase Nia skincare products here.
So the first item I tried out was the Sunday Detox whipped clay peel-off mask. This is priced at £30 and comes in a light weight bottles with instructions of how to use on the back.
Tazmyn and myself both tried this out, Tazmyn is majorly into clay masks, so she’s the expert more so than me. We quite liked the texture of this particular mask, as it does have that whipped feel to it and it’s very light as well. Most clay masks we have used previously have been a lot thicker in consistency so this was a lot thinner and possibly needed that bit more of it for full coverage when applied to the face. The one thing we didn’t like about the applying stage of this mask, was the smell. It was not a pleasant smell at all unfortunately, and as you can see from the ingredients above, it does contain lentil seed extract and clay as well as bamboo charcoal powder which was kind strong in smell. That aside though, it felt amazing once applied to the skin, really fresh, light and hydrating.
We left it on our face for the recommended time of 10-15 minutes, and then gently peeled off the excess mask once it had set.
Instantly both of our skin felt really soft and energised.
We decided to both rate this clay mask out of 5 stars with 5 being the best. We based our views on texture, quality, results, packaging etc.
Tazmyn: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Me: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
We both felt the only thing that could make this better would be the smell, I don’t think any of us particularly want to have something that doesn’t smell nice on our skin, however we would use this product again.
I then went ahead and tried the Glow on Demand energising Illuminator, this is priced at £29 but currently on sale at £19.90. To be honest, I hadn’t really used any illuminating serums before so this was kind of new to me.
On the packaging, it does say to use at any time of day or night, whenever your skin feels like it needs a boost, promising to rev up dull, lifeless skin. However, once I had applied it to my hand, I realised it’s probably not something I’d apply at night, and more so maybe before doing my make up as it’s quite dark in texture.
I applied this to my face and instantly fell in love with it, I love the texture of it, how alive it made my skin feel and that it is slightly tinted which made my skin look really radiant.
I’d absolutely give this product 5 out of 5 stars and I can’t wait to use it again as a base before applying my make up.
I hope you enjoyed this review, as much as I enjoyed testing these products out.
A huge thank you to Nia for working with me on this collaboration, I really appreciate being able to review these items on my blog.
Have you used these products before? If so let me know what you thought below ✨
Todays post is a long one! I’ll be answering “99 questions you’ve never been asked”
Let’s not waste any time and get straight into it.
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
2. Do you take the shampoo and conditioner bottles from hotels?
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
4. Have you stolen a street sign before?
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
Can’t say it’s something I think about
6. Do you cut out coupons but never use them?
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Erm a big bear, I think?
8. Do you have freckles?
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
Most of the time
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Fuck there’s too many, people who cough without covering their mouths is the first that comes to mind though..
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
No but Tazmyn has a tracker on her phone and she usually tells me at the end of every day
12. Have you ever peed in the wood?
13. Have you ever pooped in the woods?
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Don’t think so
16. What size is your bed?
17. What is your song of the week?
I’ve had “hands up” by Chris Brown on repeat for the past two days
18. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
19. Do you still watch cartoons?
No, never watched them
20. What’s your least favourite movie?
21. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
I wouldn’t bury it
22. What do you drink with dinner?
Diet Coke usually 🤦🏻♀️
23. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Sweet chilli sauce
24. What is your favourite food?
Pasta or roast beef dinner
25. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
The best of me, like crazy, the Vow, pretty woman, dirty dancing
26. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
27. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
28. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
29. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
30. Can you change the oil on a car?
31. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
32. Ever ran out of gas?
33. Favourite kind of sandwich?
Roast beef, chilli jam, cucumber and salt and pepper. On Boxing Day it’s the best!
34. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Pancakes and or watermelon
35. What is your usual bedtime?
9pm if I had my way
36. Are you lazy?
Nowhere near as lazy as I used to be
37. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
Halloween has never been my thing, dressed up as a school girl one Halloween when I was like 15 with my friends but that was sooo cringe thinking about it now
38. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
39. How many languages can you speak?
English and Italian
40. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
41. Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
42. Are you stubborn?
I can be
43. Who is better…Leno or Letterman?
I have no idea who they are
44. Ever watch soap operas?
45. Are you afraid of heights?
46. Do you sing in the car?
47. Do you sing in the shower?
48. Do you dance in the car?
49. Ever used a gun?
50. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
51. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
I’m not a fan of musicals
52. Is Christmas stressful?
No, Christmas is magical
53. Ever eat a pierogi?
54. Favourite type of fruit pie?
55. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
The queen or a spice girl
56. Do you believe in ghosts?
57. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
All the time
58. Take a vitamin daily?
59. Wear slippers?
60. Wear a bathrobe?
No but I love my dressing gown
61. What do you wear to bed?
Pyjamas, I have too many!
62. First concert?
The spice girls, I was 7.
63. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
Don’t have any of them in the UK
64. Nike or Adidas?
65. Cheetos Or Fritos?
I haven’t tried either
66. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
67. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
68. Ever take dance lessons?
Street and hip hop when I was 13/14?
69. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Yes she works in law
70. Can you curl your tongue?
71. Ever won a spelling bee?
72. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
I cry a lot, both happy and sad tears.
73. Own any record albums?
74. Own a record player?
75. Regularly burn incense?
76. Ever been in love?
Yes I’m married to her
77. Who would you like to see in concert?
Carrie Underwood and Adele
78. What was the last concert you saw?
Maleek Berry in February
79. Hot tea or cold tea?
80. Tea or coffee?
Tea these days
81. Sugar or snickerdoodles?
82. Can you swim well?
No I’m really not a confident swimmer
83. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
84. Are you patient?
Not at all
85. DJ or band, at a wedding?
A band would be pretty cool
86. Ever won a contest?
I have won a couple of things
87. Ever have plastic surgery?
88. Which are better black or green olives?
89. Can you knit or crochet?
I can knit
90. Best room for a fireplace?
The living room, of course.
91. Do you want to get married?
I am married
92. If married, how long have you been married?
2 months and 1 week.
93. Who was your HS crush?
Definitely didn’t fancy anyone from my high school what’s so ever lol
94. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
It’s been known lol
95. Do you have kids?
96. Do you want kids?
I’d love to have a little girl one day, but at the same time I don’t think I’d feel incomplete if it never happened if that makes sense
97. Whats your favourite colour?
Yellow these days and grey.
98. Do you miss anyone right now?
Missed my cat while I was on holiday
99. Who should answer these questions next?
Anyone who wants to!